Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PK0-005 Topic 5 Question 17 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PK0-005 exam
Question #: 17
Topic #: 5
[All PK0-005 Questions]

A developer recommends modifying an existing portion of code that is not part of the scope and is causing low performance on the current solution. Which of the following actions should the project manager most likely take?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The project manager should ask the developer to create a change request, which is a formal document that describes the proposed change, its benefits, costs, risks, and impacts on the project scope, schedule, budget, and quality. A change request is the first step in the change control process, which involves evaluating, approving, or rejecting changes to the project baselines. The project manager should not do nothing, because ignoring the recommendation could result in poor performance and customer dissatisfaction. The project manager should not ask the developer to implement the recommendation without following the change control process, because that could cause scope creep, which is the uncontrolled expansion of the project scope without proper authorization or adjustment of the project resources and objectives. The project manager should not communicate the change status before the change request is submitted and approved, because that could create confusion and false expectations among the project stakeholders. Reference = CompTIA Project+ Study Guide: Exam PK0-005, 3rd Edition, Chapter 4: Project Integration Management1; CompTIA Project+ Certification Study Guide, 3rd Edition, Chapter 4: Project Integration Management2; What is a Change Request and How to Manage It3

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alline
4 days ago
Haha, I can just see the project manager's face if we tried to implement this without their approval. 'You did what now?' Not a good look, my friends.
upvoted 0 times
Chantell
5 days ago
Yeah, I don't know about this one. Scope creep is a real problem, and we don't want to end up with a project that's completely off the rails. Better to stick to the plan and communicate the issue to the project manager.
upvoted 0 times
Elmer
6 days ago
I agree, we can't just start making random changes without going through the proper channels. A change request seems like the way to go here. That way, we can properly evaluate the impact and get the necessary approvals.
upvoted 0 times
Maira
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. On one hand, the developer is trying to improve performance, which is a good thing. But making changes outside the scope seems risky. I'd be hesitant to just go for it without proper documentation and approval.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel