Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Splunk Exam SPLK-1004 Topic 1 Question 8 Discussion

Actual exam question for Splunk's SPLK-1004 exam
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All SPLK-1004 Questions]

When using a nested search macro, how can an argument value be passed to the inner macro?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

When using a nested search macro in Splunk, an argument value can be passed to the inner macro by specifying the argument in the outer macro's invocation (Option A). This allows the outer macro to accept arguments from the user or another search command and then pass those arguments into the inner macro, enabling dynamic and flexible macro compositions that can adapt based on input parameters.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Erick
16 days ago
Okay, let's do this. From what I understand, the argument value needs to be passed to the outer macro, which then can be accessed by the inner macro. So I'm going with option D.
upvoted 0 times
Yoko
19 days ago
Come on, Nichelle, don't jinx us! I'm pretty sure one of these options has to be right. Let's think this through step-by-step.
upvoted 0 times
Nichelle
20 days ago
Haha, maybe the exam is just trying to trip us up with this one. What if the answer is actually 'None of the above'? That would be a classic move.
upvoted 0 times
Kayleigh
21 days ago
Hmm, I'm leaning more towards option B. I don't think you can actually use an argument with an inner nested macro. That just doesn't seem logical to me.
upvoted 0 times
Nan
23 days ago
Yeah, same here. I'm not too confident about the correct answer. But I think option D might be the way to go - the argument value has to be specified in the outer macro.
upvoted 0 times
Ryan
24 days ago
This question seems a bit tricky. I'm not entirely sure about the relationship between the inner and outer macros when it comes to passing arguments.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel