Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PECB Exam ISO-9001-Lead-Auditor Topic 1 Question 3 Discussion

Actual exam question for PECB's QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor exam
Question #: 3
Topic #: 1
[All QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Questions]

A Health Trust has contracted with Servitup, a catering services organisation that has been certified to ISO 9001 for one year. It provides services to

10 small rural hospitals in remote locations involving the purchase and storage of dry goods and fresh produce, preparing meals, and loading heated

trolleys for Ward Service by hospital staff. You, as auditor, are conducting the first surveillance audit at one site with the Deputy Catering Manager

(DCM).

DCM: "I apologise for the absence of the Catering Manager. He has called in sick today and we are really short of staff."

You: "I see. It really shouldn't affect the QMS so the audit can progress as normal."

DCM: "The Catering Manager set up the system. I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with it as he is."

You: "OK, let's start with the Quality Policy. What are the main issues for the QMS here?"

DCM: "Give me a minute. I need to look at the Quality Policy on the noticeboard in his office."

As the audit progresses, it is clear that the DCM has a very low knowledge of the QMS. He continually has to look up the answers to your questions

or ask staff members about their processes. You decide to raise a nonconformity.

Select one of the following options that best describes the nonconformity.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Rebecka
8 days ago
Yikes, this is a real mess, isn't it? I mean, the Deputy Catering Manager sounds like they're barely keeping their head above water. Option A seems the most accurate, but honestly, I'm just hoping they don't end up burning down the kitchen or something. This is the kind of situation that keeps auditors up at night, that's for sure!
upvoted 0 times
Martina
20 days ago
Yikes, this is a tough one. It sounds like the Deputy Catering Manager is seriously lacking in QMS knowledge. I'd go with option B - they're just not competent to manage the system. Can't have someone who's constantly looking up answers during an audit!
upvoted 0 times
Dustin
22 days ago
Whoa, this question is a real head-scratcher! The Deputy Catering Manager seems to be in over their head. I'm not sure I'd want them managing my hospital's catering, that's for sure.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel