Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Esri Exam EADP19-001 Topic 8 Question 41 Discussion

Actual exam question for Esri's EADP19-001 exam
Question #: 41
Topic #: 8
[All EADP19-001 Questions]

An ArcGIS user is tasked with editing a layer containing a large number of features, using another layer that is in a different coordinate a system as reference. The user adds the layers in ArcMap and starts an edit session. A warning message about editing data in a different coordinate system is displayed.

What is the most efficient way to edit the data to avoid potential distortion in the data?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lorita
8 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. And what if the projection isn't perfect? Then we could still end up with distortion.
upvoted 0 times
Ryan
10 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Wouldn't that just be creating a whole new layer? Seems like a lot of extra work.
upvoted 0 times
Ronny
11 days ago
I'm thinking option B is the way to go. Projecting the reference layer to match the one being edited seems like the most efficient approach.
upvoted 0 times
Mirta
12 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. The key is that we need to make sure the data doesn't get distorted, right? So we need to match the coordinate systems somehow.
upvoted 0 times
Laila
14 days ago
Yeah, I agree. Coordinate systems always trip me up. But let's see what we can come up with here.
upvoted 0 times
Melissa
16 days ago
Ugh, another coordinate system question? I thought we were done with those after the last exam. This is going to be a tricky one for sure.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel