Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SY0-701 Topic 1 Question 4 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SY0-701 exam
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-701 Questions]

A security analyst scans a company's public network and discovers a host is running a remote desktop that can be used to access the production network. Which of the following changes should the security analyst recommend?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Tawanna
12 days ago
Guys, I hate to be that person, but have you considered option D? Connecting the remote server to the domain and increasing the password length could be a simple yet effective way to tighten security. Just a thought.
upvoted 0 times
Leonie
13 days ago
Ah, I see where you're coming from, but I think option C is the way to go. Using a proxy for the web connections from the remote desktop server could help monitor and control the traffic, without the overhead of a full VPN setup.
upvoted 0 times
Clemencia
14 days ago
Hmm, I see what you mean, but I'm not sure a VPN is the best solution here. Changing the port to a non-standard number (option A) could be a quick fix and make it harder for attackers to find the remote desktop.
upvoted 0 times
Tracey
9 hours ago
I agree, changing the port to a non-standard number could definitely help increase security.
upvoted 0 times
Karl
15 days ago
This is a tricky one. The remote desktop access is a major security risk, so we need to take decisive action. I'm leaning towards option B - setting up a VPN and placing the jump server inside the firewall. That way, we can control and monitor the connection more effectively.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel