Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DA0-001 Topic 7 Question 26 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DA0-001 exam
Question #: 26
Topic #: 7
[All DA0-001 Questions]

An analyst is preparing a report that contains weather dat

a. The temperatures are shown in Fahrenheit. but they must be reported in Celsius. Which of the following should the analyst do to fix this issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The analyst should rescale the data to fix this issue. Rescaling is a process of transforming data from one scale to another, such as changing the units of measurement. In this case, the analyst needs to rescale the temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius, which are two different scales for measuring temperature. To do this, the analyst can use the following formula:

Celsius = (Fahrenheit - 32) * 5/9

This formula converts each temperature value from Fahrenheit to Celsius by subtracting 32 and multiplying by 5/9. For example, if the temperature is 68F, the rescaled value in Celsius is:

Celsius = (68 - 32) * 5/9 Celsius = 20C

Rescaling the data can help the analyst to report the temperatures in a consistent and accurate way, and to avoid any confusion or errors that may arise from using different scales. Rescaling can also make the data more comparable and compatible with other data sources or standards that use the same scale12.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Virgina
8 days ago
Normalize the data? Are you kidding me? That's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I think we're all overthinking this. Option C - Rescale the data is the simplest and most straightforward solution.
upvoted 0 times
Elbert
9 days ago
Hold up, you guys are both missing the obvious solution. It's option A - Normalize the data! That's the way to go if you need to convert units and keep the data in the same scale.
upvoted 0 times
Eveline
10 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Rescaling the data could introduce some rounding errors, you know? I'm thinking option B - Standardize the data might be the safer bet. That way, we can maintain the integrity of the original measurements.
upvoted 0 times
King
11 days ago
Whoa, this question is tricky! Converting temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius is no easy task. I'm leaning towards option C - Rescale the data. That seems like the most straightforward way to handle this conversion.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel