Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-004 Topic 1 Question 4 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-004 exam
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All CV0-004 Questions]

A cloud administrator recently created three servers in the cloud. The goal was to create ACLs so the servers could not communicate with each other. The servers were configured

with the following IP addresses:

After implementing the ACLs, the administrator confirmed that some servers are still able to reach the other servers. Which of the following should the administrator change to

prevent the servers from being on the same network?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

To prevent the servers from being on the same network and communicating with each other, the administrator should change the IP address of Server 1 to 172.16.12.2. This IP address is outside the subnet defined by the subnet mask 255.255.255.240, which would place Server 1 on a different subnet, preventing direct communication without routing. Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide (Exam CV0-004) by Todd Montgomery and Stephen Olson

Contribute your Thoughts:

Galen
4 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Changing the IP addresses alone might not be enough. We'd also need to make sure the routing tables and firewall rules are properly configured to isolate the servers. This is starting to sound like a real headache!
upvoted 0 times
Laurel
5 days ago
Yeah, that's a good point. The servers need to be on completely separate networks to ensure they can't communicate. I'd say the answer is either option D, changing Server 2's IP to a different subnet, or maybe even creating a completely new VPC for each server.
upvoted 0 times
Staci
6 days ago
I agree, the IP addresses could be the problem here. If the servers are still on the same network, that would explain why they can still reach each other despite the ACLs.
upvoted 0 times
Elise
7 days ago
Hmm, this question is a bit tricky. The goal is to prevent the servers from communicating with each other, but the administrator is having trouble despite implementing ACLs. I'm wondering if the issue might be with the IP addresses themselves.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel