Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CIDQ IDPX Exam - Topic 2 Question 14 Discussion

Posted by Cortney on Nov 25, 2025 at 05:50 PM

Upon review of all consultants' drawings, the designer notices that the placement of a water closet is not consistent with the contract documents. What should the designer do?

Suggested Answer: B

Get Premium IDPX Questions as Interactive Web-Based Practice Test or PDF Real Exam Format Detailed Explanations Instant Access Get Your Practice Test
30 comments · newest first
LA
Lashaunda 6 months ago
I lean towards A. Notating the new location is straightforward.
JU
Judy 6 months ago
I feel like option B covers all bases. Change orders are essential.
RO
Robt 6 months ago
Option C makes sense. We need to involve the mechanical engineer.
AL
Alverta 6 months ago
No way, option D is risky. Contractors might not follow the design.
MA
Malika 7 months ago
I agree, but option A seems practical too. Clear dimensions help.
JE
Jean 7 months ago
C could work, but what if the engineer disagrees?
AI
Aileen 7 months ago
Wait, are we really not supposed to take action? That sounds off.
VA
Vanna 8 months ago
Totally agree with B! Coordination is crucial.
AL
Alease 8 months ago
Option A might work, but a change order is the safest bet. Gotta cover all your bases, you know?
NO
Nobuko 8 months ago
Haha, option D is a bold move. "The contractor will just figure it out, right?" Not a chance!
HE
Helaine 8 months ago
Option C is tempting, but it's important to get everyone on the same page. A change order is the way to go.
LA
Lakeesha 8 months ago
I agree with option B. Trying to sneak in a change without proper documentation could lead to issues down the line.
MA
Maryanne 8 months ago
Option B seems like the best choice here. Coordinating the change with all parties through a change order is the most professional and transparent approach.
LA
Lang 9 months ago
I’m leaning towards coordinating with the mechanical engineer, but I wonder if that would delay the project too much.
EL
Elly 9 months ago
I feel like providing dimensions and a notation could work, but it might not be enough if the contractor has already started work based on the original plans.
JA
Jacinta 9 months ago
I remember a similar practice question where we had to decide if the contractor had to follow the design documents strictly. I think option D might be too risky.
LA
Lavina 9 months ago
No way, I wouldn't go with D. The contractor has to follow the design, so the designer needs to take action to fix this inconsistency.
LI
Linn 9 months ago
I'm leaning towards A. If the designer just needs to update the interior design docs with the new location, that seems like the simplest solution.
NO
Noel 9 months ago
I'm a bit confused - is the designer responsible for the mechanical drawings, or should they just be coordinating with the mechanical engineer? I'm not sure if C is the right call.
JO
Jospeh 10 months ago
I think option B is the best. Coordination is key.
DI
Diane 10 months ago
I think B is the best option. Change orders are key.
BR
Brigette 10 months ago
D seems risky. Contractors might not follow the design.
AN
Antonio 10 months ago
I think the designer should coordinate with all parties through a change order, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the best approach.
JE
Jenifer 11 months ago
Okay, I think the key here is coordinating the change with all the relevant parties. Option B seems like the best approach to make sure everyone is on the same page.
MI
Milly 11 months ago
Hmm, this seems like a tricky one. I'll need to carefully review the contract documents to see what the proper location is supposed to be.
AR
Armanda 5 months ago
↳ replying to Milly
It’s important to clarify everything before moving forward.
KR
Kristine 5 months ago
↳ replying to Milly
I’d say we should check with the mechanical engineer first.
MA
Marge 6 months ago
↳ replying to Milly
But what if the contractor just follows the design documents?
AM
Ammie 6 months ago
↳ replying to Milly
Definitely! A change order might be the best way to go.
JE
Jeniffer 10 months ago
↳ replying to Milly
I think coordinating with all parties is crucial.
0/2000 characters

Save Cancel