Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

XML Exam I10-001 Topic 8 Question 71 Discussion

Actual exam question for XML's I10-001 exam
Question #: 71
Topic #: 8
[All I10-001 Questions]

Choose the statement that is correct with regard to protocols used to transmit XML.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Clorinda
5 days ago
Option D saying XML can't be transmitted over SMTP is just wrong. I've seen plenty of XML documents sent as email attachments over SMTP. That's a common use case.
upvoted 0 times
Derick
7 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about A. Isn't there some recommendation or standard that says XML should preferably be transmitted over HTTP/HTTPS? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
upvoted 0 times
Helene
8 days ago
I'm pretty sure the correct answer is A. XML doesn't restrict the transmission protocols. As long as the receiving end can understand the XML, the transport method doesn't matter.
upvoted 0 times
Janey
9 days ago
Haha, option C about BASE64 encoding for SMTP is a classic trick question. Who encodes XML in BASE64 these days? That's so 90s!
upvoted 0 times
Audra
11 days ago
Yeah, I agree. XML is a data format, not a transport protocol. It can be sent over many different protocols, including SMTP, FTP, and others. I don't think option B or C are correct.
upvoted 0 times
Stevie
12 days ago
I think this is a tricky question. XML can be transmitted using a variety of protocols, not just HTTP/HTTPS. The question is trying to catch us out with the SMTP part.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel