Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Splunk Exam SPLK-3002 Topic 6 Question 55 Discussion

Actual exam question for Splunk's SPLK-3002 exam
Question #: 55
Topic #: 6
[All SPLK-3002 Questions]

Which of the following are characteristics of ITSI service dependencies? (select all that apply)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, C

In the context of Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), service dependencies allow for the modeling of relationships between services, where the health of one service (dependent) can affect the health of another (primary).

B) It is best practice to use the dependent service's built-in 'ServiceHealthScore' KPI to reflect impact to the primary service: Utilizing the 'ServiceHealthScore' KPI of a dependent service as part of the primary service's health calculation is a recommended practice. This approach ensures that changes in the health of the dependent service directly influence the primary service's overall health score, providing a more holistic view of service health within the IT environment.

C) Setting the dependent service KPI importance level will be treated as any other KPI in the primary service's health score: When a dependent service's KPI is incorporated into a primary service, the importance level assigned to this KPI is factored into the primary service's overall health score calculation just like any other KPI. This means that the impact of the dependent service on the primary service can be weighted according to the business significance of the relationship between the services.

The other options are not accurate representations of ITSI service dependencies. Changes in KPI importance levels do not break dependencies, and there is no restriction on configuring impactful dependent services to only one primary service, as dependencies can be complex and multi-layered across various services.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alpha
16 days ago
Yeah, me too. This is starting to make sense. Now let's just hope the exam has more questions this straightforward!
upvoted 0 times
Malcolm
18 days ago
Hmm, you're right. Option A doesn't sound right. What about option B? Using the dependent service's built-in 'ServiceHealthScore' KPI seems like a best practice to me.
upvoted 0 times
Lorrie
19 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't the question say the dependency is broken if the importance level changes? I think option A is false.
upvoted 0 times
Elke
20 days ago
Okay, so it looks like the correct answers are B, C, and D. I feel pretty good about this now.
upvoted 0 times
Erick
22 days ago
Yeah, me neither. I'll have to review my notes on that before the exam.
upvoted 0 times
Renea
24 days ago
This question seems a bit tricky. I'm not sure I fully understand the concept of ITSI service dependencies.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel