Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Splunk Exam SPLK-2002 Topic 10 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for Splunk's SPLK-2002 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 10
[All SPLK-2002 Questions]

Of the following types of files within an index bucket, which file type may consume the most disk?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alpha
17 days ago
You know, if this was a test on disk space consumption, I'd bring a forklift to the exam room. Just in case I need to move all the files around. *chuckles*
upvoted 0 times
Pamella
19 days ago
Ooh, good point! I'm torn between the Metadata and Inverted index options. I guess it really depends on the specifics of the use case and the data being indexed.
upvoted 0 times
Chantell
20 days ago
Ah, but don't forget about the Inverted index (.tsidx) file! That's where the actual indexing magic happens, and with large datasets, those files can get huge.
upvoted 0 times
Jolanda
21 days ago
You both make good points, but I'm leaning towards the Metadata (.data) file type. That's where all the additional information about the indexed data is stored, and that can really add up, especially for complex indices.
upvoted 0 times
Kiley
23 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. Bloom filters are known to be space-intensive, especially if you have a large index. I could see that being the biggest consumer of disk space.
upvoted 0 times
Mirta
25 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I think the Rawdata file type would consume the most disk space, as it contains the actual data being indexed, which can be quite large.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel