Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-502 Topic 1 Question 25 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-502 exam
Question #: 25
Topic #: 1
[All SC0-502 Questions]

It has been quite some time since you were called in to address the network and security needs of MegaCorp. You feel good in what you have accomplished so far. You have been able to get MegaCorp to deal with their Security Policy issue, you have secured the router, added a firewall, added intrusion detection, hardened the Operating Systems, and more. One thing you have not done however, is run active testing against the network

from the outside. This next level of testing is the final step, you decide, in wrapping up this first stage of the new MegaCorp network and security system. You setup a meeting with the CEO to discuss. "We have only one significant issue left to deal with here at MegaCorp," you begin. "We need some really solid testing of our network and our security systems." "Sounds fine to me, don't you do that all the time anyway? I mean, why meet about this?" "Well, in this case, I'd like to ask to bring in outside help. Folks who specialize in this sort of thing. I can do some of it, but it is not my specialty, and the outside look in will be better and more independent from an outside team." "What does that kind of thing cost, how long will it take?" "It will cost a bit of money, it won't be free, and with a network of our size, I think it can be done pretty quick. Once this is done and wrapped up, I will be resigning as the full time security and network pro here. I need to get back to my consulting company full time. Remember, this was not to be a permanent deal. I can help you with the interview, and this is the perfect time to wrap up that transition." "All right, fair enough. Get me your initial project estimates, and then I can make a more complete decision. And, Il get HR on hiring a new person right away." Later that afternoon you talk to the CEO and determine a budget for the testing. Once you get back to your office, you are calling different firms and consultants, and eventually you find a consulting group that you will work with. A few days later you meet with the group in their office, and you describe what you are looking for, and that their contact and person to report to is you. They ask what is off limits, and your response is only that they cannot do anything illegal, to which they agree and point out is written in their agreement as well. With this outside consulting group and your knowledge of the network and company, review and select the solution that will best provide for a complete test of the security of MegaCorp.}

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Currently there are no comments in this discussion, be the first to comment!

Save Cancel