Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAP Exam P_SAPEA_2023 Topic 3 Question 20 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAP's P_SAPEA_2023 exam
Question #: 20
Topic #: 3
[All P_SAPEA_2023 Questions]

Which of the following are the best architectural decisions for an extension application in S/4HANA?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The decision for the extension model in S/4HANA should be based on the nature of the extension required. Developer Extensibility (in-app extensibility) is suitable for data-intensive extensions that need to operate within the context of S/4HANA. This is because it allows for direct access to S/4HANA's digital core and leverages the power of the HANA database. It is the recommended approach when the extension requires tight integration with core data and processes, ensuring high performance and data consistency.

On the other hand, Side-by-Side Extensibility on SAP BTP ABAP Environment is recommended when the extensions need to utilize additional SAP BTP services such as advanced analytics, machine learning, IoT services, or when creating new user experiences with SAPUI5. This decouples the extensions from the S/4HANA core, which can be beneficial in terms of flexibility, agility, and reducing the impact on the core system during upgrades.

Reference = These practices are supported by SAP's extensibility guide for S/4HANA, which explains the two extensibility models and their appropriate use cases. SAP documentation on ABAP Platform extensibility options provides further insights into when to choose each extensibility approach. SAP Best Practices for Extensibility in SAP S/4HANA guide provides a comprehensive view on how to extend the digital core effectively while maintaining system integrity and upgradeability.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Vallie
19 days ago
Option A all the way! I mean, who doesn't love a good 'Developer Extensibility' these days? It's the new black, people!
upvoted 0 times
Lorean
21 days ago
Option C gets my vote. If I don't need a UI, then why bother with the overhead of the BTP ABAP Environment? Keep it simple!
upvoted 0 times
Yvonne
4 days ago
I agree, keeping it simple is always a good approach when possible.
upvoted 0 times
Kris
28 days ago
Option B sounds like the way to go. I like how it separates the data-intensive ABAP extensions from the less data-intensive ones that require BTP services and SAPUI5.
upvoted 0 times
Herman
21 hours ago
Yes, it provides a clear structure for our architectural decisions in S/4HANA.
upvoted 0 times
Carlee
2 days ago
User 3: Definitely. It's all about optimizing performance and efficiency.
upvoted 0 times
Meghan
10 days ago
User 2: I agree. It's important to choose the right architectural decisions for an extension application in S/4HANA.
upvoted 0 times
Troy
16 days ago
I agree, it's great that it separates the data-intensive and less data-intensive extensions.
upvoted 0 times
Tammara
17 days ago
User 1: Option B does seem like a good choice. It separates the different types of extensions nicely.
upvoted 0 times
Glen
19 days ago
Option B sounds like the best choice for our extension application.
upvoted 0 times
Annabelle
1 months ago
I agree with Jess. Option A seems to cover all the necessary requirements for an extension application in S/4HANA.
upvoted 0 times
Jess
1 months ago
I think option A is the best choice because it provides flexibility for both data-intensive ABAP extensions and SAPUI5 user interfaces.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel