Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAP Exam P_SAPEA_2023 Topic 3 Question 15 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAP's P_SAPEA_2023 exam
Question #: 15
Topic #: 3
[All P_SAPEA_2023 Questions]

The CIO of Wanderlust strongly feels that the seldom-used legacy Marketing application cannot be the platform to rejuvenate their online marketing business. As Chief Enterprise Architect, the CIO has entrusted you with the responsibility of finding a suitable replacement that can support all current processes and also address the issues plaguing the existing application. Which of the following should you do to conclusively shortlist possible applications to replace the existing one? Note: There are 2 correct answers to this question.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, C

Starting with the current processeswill help to understand the capabilities that are needed in a new application. This will help to narrow down the field of potential applications and identify those that are most likely to meet the needs of Wanderlust.

Mapping business capabilities to these processeswill help to identify the gaps in the current capabilities and the areas where improvement is needed. This will help to ensure that the new application meets the needs of Wanderlust and addresses the issues plaguing the existing application.

Relating Wanderlust processes to industry standard processeswill help to identify applications that are already being used by other organizations. This can be a good way to ensure that the new application is compatible with other systems and that it can be easily integrated with existing systems.

The other two options, Comparing the costs of those market leading online marketing applications and Understanding the features of leading online marketing applications available in the market through product demonstrations and ranking the applications in terms of features, are not as critical at this stage. The costs of the applications can be compared once the shortlist of applications has been finalized. The features of the applications can be understood through product demonstrations once the shortlist has been finalized.

Therefore, the best course of action is to start with the current processes, map business capabilities to these processes, and identify which application(s) in the market can deliver such capabilities. This will help to narrow down the field of potential applications and identify those that are most likely to meet the needs of Wanderlust.

Here are some of the benefits of taking a process-centric approach to selecting a new marketing application:

It can help to ensure that the new application meets the needs of the business.

It can help to identify applications that are already being used by other organizations.

It can help to ensure that the new application is compatible with other systems and that it can be easily integrated with existing systems.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Estrella
5 days ago
You know, this reminds me of that time I had to help my grandma figure out her new smartphone. She just wanted to call her friends, but the phone had a million features she didn't need. Moral of the story: keep it simple, people!
upvoted 0 times
Lonna
7 days ago
Hmm, I'm with Garry on this one. Can't just focus on the processes and capabilities, gotta consider the costs too. And let's not forget the user experience - those features are important!
upvoted 0 times
Garry
8 days ago
Ah, the old 'features vs. cost' debate. I say we should do both - understand the processes, map the capabilities, but also look at the costs and features. Gotta strike the right balance, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Mollie
9 days ago
I don't know, comparing costs seems like a good idea to me. After all, the CIO is probably looking for a cost-effective solution. But I guess the business capabilities and processes should be the priority.
upvoted 0 times
Jess
11 days ago
Hmm, I agree with Rozella. We should start by understanding the existing processes and mapping the business capabilities. That will give us a clear direction on the kind of application we need. Comparing costs and features alone won't cut it.
upvoted 0 times
Rozella
12 days ago
This is a tricky question. As the Chief Enterprise Architect, I would need to carefully evaluate the current processes and business capabilities to find the right replacement application. I think options A and C are the way to go.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel