Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAP Exam C_S4CFI_2402 Topic 1 Question 8 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAP's C_S4CFI_2402 exam
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All C_S4CFI_2402 Questions]

What is the relation between the line items displayed for a journal entry in the entry view and the general ledger view?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

In SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, the relationship between the line items displayed for a journal entry in the entry view and the general ledger view is such that the general ledger view can have as many or more line items than the entry view. The entry view shows the transaction as it was entered, typically displaying the debits and credits to and from subledger accounts like customer or supplier accounts. The general ledger view, on the other hand, aggregates these into postings to the corresponding general ledger accounts and may include additional line items such as tax line items, allocation line items, or other adjustments that are not visible in the entry view.

References:

SAP S/4HANA Cloud General Ledger documentation

Best practices for journal entry and ledger reporting in SAP

Contribute your Thoughts:

Jesusita
11 days ago
Haha, I love that analogy, Timothy! It's like the entry view is the 'unfiltered' version, and the general ledger view is the 'Instagram-worthy' version, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Timothy
13 days ago
Guys, guys, let's not overthink this. The way I see it, the entry view is like the behind-the-scenes look, with all the nitty-gritty details, while the general ledger view is the public face, keeping things a little more high-level. So I'm going with option C.
upvoted 0 times
Daniela
14 days ago
Ooh, good point! I didn't even think about the account assignments. That makes sense. Although, I'm still not sure if the general ledger view always has more line items. Maybe it depends on the specific transaction. Hmm, I'm torn between B and D now.
upvoted 0 times
Carlee
15 days ago
I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure that's the whole story. I think the general ledger view might have more line items, since it's showing the account assignments like profit center, which aren't in the entry view. So I'm leaning towards option D.
upvoted 0 times
Skye
17 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. The entry view shows the subledger accounts, like customer or supplier, right? But the general ledger view doesn't have that level of detail. So I'm thinking option A is the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Brandon
19 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not sure if I fully understand the difference between the entry view and the general ledger view. Can someone help me out here?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel