Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8002 Topic 2 Question 76 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II exam
Question #: 76
Topic #: 2
[All Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II Questions]

The Newton-Raphson method

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Winfred
10 days ago
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a bit 'Newton-Raphson' about this whole exam question. It's making my head spin!
upvoted 0 times
Selene
12 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. The Newton-Raphson method uses the derivative to iteratively converge to a root, so option B is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Verda
13 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about the error bound. Does the Newton-Raphson method provide an error bound with each iteration? That's news to me.
upvoted 0 times
Hoa
14 days ago
You know, I always get the Newton-Raphson and the bisection method mixed up. Can someone remind me how the Newton-Raphson method actually works?
upvoted 0 times
Rosenda
16 days ago
Wait, isn't the Newton-Raphson method used for finding roots of continuous and differentiable functions? I'm pretty sure option C is incorrect.
upvoted 0 times
Krissy
17 days ago
The Newton-Raphson method is definitely based on the Taylor series and the first derivative, so I think option B is the correct answer here.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel