Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PECB Exam ISO-9001-Lead-Auditor Topic 1 Question 4 Discussion

Actual exam question for PECB's QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor exam
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Questions]

TIX provides services to the informatic equipment of large organisations. They operate an ISO 9001:2015 QMS that is being audited by an important

customer (second-party audit). During the audit, the audit team has identified two nonconformities. When preparing the Closing meeting, the audit

team discussed and agreed both nonconformities with TIX's quality manager. The Closing meeting was planned for 6pm with the general manager,

quality manager and service manager at the meeting room.

At 6pm, when the audit team enters the meeting room, only two people are present and waiting for them: the Health and Safety supervisor and the

warehouse supervisor. Neither have participated in the audit.

The dialogue among them is as follows:

Audit team leader: "Good evening, could you please inform the three managers that we are ready to start with the Closing meeting?"

Health and Safety supervisor: "Good evening. We are sorry to inform you that the general manager was involved in a serious car accident, and

the other two managers have had to leave urgently to attend the emergency."

Warehouse supervisor: "They have asked us to listen to what you need to say and to sign whatever we need to sign. We also have a message

from them about the two nonconformities. They wanted us to ask you if you could contact them in a couple of days to determine how to proceed."

Which one of the following options would be your preferred response to the final comment made by the warehouse manager?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Eric
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tough call. I can see merits to a few of the options, but I think I'd lean towards option D. As much as we want to get this audit wrapped up, it just doesn't feel right to try and push through without the key managers there. Hearing what the supervisors have to say is fine, but then we should just leave and let the managers contact us to reschedule the closing meeting. We want to be flexible, but we also need to make sure we're following the proper procedures.
upvoted 0 times
Sylvie
19 days ago
I think option B is the best way to go here. We should still go through the process, hear what the supervisors have to say, and get them to sign off on the nonconformity reports. That way, we've documented everything and the managers can pick it up when they're available. And asking them to contact us to reschedule the closing meeting is a good compromise - we don't just leave, but we also don't try to force through the whole thing without the key people there.
upvoted 0 times
Golda
22 days ago
Wow, this is quite a tricky situation! I can see how the audit team would be in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, they need to finish the audit and get the nonconformities addressed, but on the other hand, the key people they were supposed to meet aren't there. I'd probably go with option D - hear what the Health and Safety and Warehouse supervisors have to say, but then leave and ask the managers to reschedule the closing meeting. That way, we can still get the necessary information and formalities done, but in a proper, formal setting with the right people.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel