Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Google Professional Chrome Enterprise Administrator Exam - Topic 1 Question 3 Discussion

Posted by Man on May 02, 2025 at 02:24 AM

[Chrome Extensions]

Company A uses an extension that is critical to business operations The company currently pins the version of the extension They received an updated version of the extension that delivers new functionality The Chrome administrator notices that the new version now requests all available permissions, while the previous version only requested four permissions

Which action should the Chrome administrator recommend to address this security issue?

Suggested Answer: B

Get Premium Professional Chrome Enterprise Administrator Questions as Interactive Web-Based Practice Test or PDF Real Exam Format Detailed Explanations Instant Access Get Your Practice Test
32 comments · newest first
PA
Paola 10 months ago
I’d stick with version pinning for now, better safe than sorry.
TA
Talia 10 months ago
I think blocking the extension is the safest bet.
AR
Arlean 11 months ago
Wait, can they really just customize permissions like that?
JA
Janey 11 months ago
Definitely not continuing with the new version until we know more!
SH
Sharmaine 11 months ago
Sounds like a security risk with those extra permissions!
DA
Daniela 11 months ago
I feel like continuing with version pinning is a safe bet for now, but I wonder if it’s enough to protect us in the long run. We talked about this in the context of risk management.
AS
Ashton 11 months ago
Customizing permissions sounds like a viable option, but I’m not confident if it’s even possible with Chrome extensions. We didn’t cover that in detail.
LE
Letha 12 months ago
I think blocking the extension until a safer version is available makes sense, but I’m not sure if that’s the best option. We had a similar question about managing updates last week.
QU
Queenie 12 months ago
I remember we discussed the importance of permissions in our last class. It seems risky to allow an extension to have more permissions without understanding why.
CE
Ceola 1 year ago
Ah, the old version pinning trick. That's probably the safest bet for now, but I'll need to follow up with the developer to understand what's changed. Can't be too careful with critical business tools.
AN
Andree 1 year ago
Okay, I think I've got a handle on this. Customizing the permissions seems like the best way to maintain functionality while mitigating the security risk. I'll make sure to thoroughly document my decision.
AR
Arlene 1 year ago
Hmm, the increased permissions are definitely concerning. I'm leaning towards blocking the extension until a safer version is available, but I want to make sure I'm not missing any important context.
CH
Christoper 1 year ago
This seems like a tricky one. I'll need to carefully weigh the options and think through the security implications of each approach.
VE
Veda 1 year ago
Hold up, did someone say 'risky websites'? I'm pretty sure the Chrome admin isn't moonlighting as the internet police. Let's stick to the professional options here, folks.
AL
Alonso 1 year ago
Option B? Really? Who wants to block a critical business tool? That's just asking for trouble. I'll take the version pinning, thank you very much.
BA
Barrie 1 year ago
↳ replying to Alonso
User 4: Let's go with version pinning until we get more information from the developer.
MI
Micaela 1 year ago
↳ replying to Alonso
User 3: I think sticking with version pinning is the safest option.
PA
Paola 1 year ago
↳ replying to Alonso
User 2: Paola is right, we shouldn't block the critical tool.
JO
Jovita 1 year ago
↳ replying to Alonso
User 1: I agree, blocking the extension seems risky.
GE
Genevive 1 year ago
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd want to block the extension entirely. That could really mess things up. Option D seems like the most prudent choice here.
DU
Dulce 1 year ago
↳ replying to Genevive
User 3: Yeah, it's better to be safe and get more details before making a decision.
IL
Ilene 1 year ago
↳ replying to Genevive
User 2: Ilene is right, we should probably stick with option D and contact the developer for more information.
AV
Avery 1 year ago
↳ replying to Genevive
User 1: I agree, blocking the extension completely could cause more issues.
MI
Michal 1 year ago
I think we should continue using version pinning until we can get more information from the developer. We need to know why the permissions changed.
CY
Cyril 1 year ago
I think we should customize the permissions to match the previous version. It might be a hassle, but it's worth it for security.
KA
Katheryn 1 year ago
I agree with Micheline. It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to security.
MI
Micheline 1 year ago
I think we should block the extension until a new version with fewer permissions is available.
SH
Shenika 1 year ago
Personally, I'd go with option C. Customizing the permissions to match the previous version seems like the smartest move. Keeps things secure without disrupting business operations.
JO
Josphine 1 year ago
Option D is the way to go. Staying with the previous version until you get more information from the developer is the safest bet. No need to take unnecessary risks here.
NU
Nu 1 year ago
↳ replying to Josphine
User 3: I think it's better to be cautious and wait for more information before updating.
JU
Jutta 1 year ago
↳ replying to Josphine
User 2: Yeah, we shouldn't risk using the new version without knowing more about the changes.
TY
Tyra 1 year ago
↳ replying to Josphine
User 1: I agree, sticking with the old version seems like the safest option.
0/2000 characters

Save Cancel