Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

GAQM Exam CDCS-001 Topic 5 Question 24 Discussion

Actual exam question for GAQM's CDCS-001 exam
Question #: 24
Topic #: 5
[All CDCS-001 Questions]

Which one of the following controls the voltage produced at the output of the alternator?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

A voltage regulator controls the voltage produced at the output of the alternator. It's a device that maintains the output voltage of an alternating current (AC) power source within a safe range. The voltage regulator compares the actual output voltage to the desired voltage level and adjusts the voltage accordingly.

Voltage Meter, Voltage Stabilizer, and Voltage Backup Device are not devices that control the voltage produced at the output of the alternator. They are different types of equipment and have different functions.

A voltage meter is a device used to measure the voltage in an electrical circuit. A voltage stabilizer is an electronic device that maintains a constant voltage level. A voltage backup device is a device that provides temporary backup power in case of an electrical outage.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Melynda
10 days ago
Alright, alright, let's think this through. The voltage regulator is the one that actually adjusts the output voltage, so that's gotta be the answer. Easy peasy.
upvoted 0 times
Wai
12 days ago
Hold up, a voltage backup device? What is this, a car or a nuclear power plant? I think someone's trying to trick us here.
upvoted 0 times
Amie
13 days ago
Nah, I'm gonna go with the voltage meter. That's the one that actually tells you the voltage, so it's gotta be involved in controlling it somehow.
upvoted 0 times
Evan
14 days ago
I dunno, man. The voltage stabilizer sounds pretty legit too. Gotta keep that output nice and steady, ya know?
upvoted 0 times
Jerry
16 days ago
Well, let's see. It's gotta be the voltage regulator, right? I mean, that's the whole purpose of that thing.
upvoted 0 times
Candida
18 days ago
Ah, the age-old question of the alternator voltage control. This is a classic!
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel