Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Fortinet Exam NSE8_812 Topic 1 Question 17 Discussion

Actual exam question for Fortinet's NSE8_812 exam
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All NSE8_812 Questions]

Refer to the exhibits.

The exhibits show a diagram of a requested topology and the base IPsec configuration.

A customer asks you to configure ADVPN via two internet underlays. The requirement is that you use one interface with a single IP address on DC FortiGate.

In this scenario, which feature should be implemented to achieve this requirement?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

A is correct because using network-overlay id allows you to configure multiple ADVPN tunnels on a single interface with a single IP address on the DC FortiGate. This is explained in the FortiGate Administration Guide under ADVPN > Configuring ADVPN > Configuring ADVPN on the hub. References: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/administration-guide/978793/advpn https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/administration-guide/978793/advpn/978794/configuring-advpn

Contribute your Thoughts:

Francine
7 days ago
Haha, this is like a trick question! I bet the real answer is something we're not even considering. Maybe we need to think outside the box a little.
upvoted 0 times
Dallas
9 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. Wouldn't using 'peer-id' be a better option? That way, we can identify the remote peers instead of just the local device.
upvoted 0 times
Stefan
10 days ago
You know, I've dealt with this kind of configuration before. I think the answer might be to use the 'local-id' feature. That way, we can identify the FortiGate using a single IP address, rather than needing multiple interfaces.
upvoted 0 times
Kirk
10 days ago
Hmm, this question seems tricky. I'm not too familiar with ADVPN, but it looks like we need to find a way to use a single interface with one IP address on the DC FortiGate to achieve the requirement.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel