Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Fortinet Exam NSE8_812 Topic 1 Question 16 Discussion

Actual exam question for Fortinet's NSE8_812 exam
Question #: 16
Topic #: 1
[All NSE8_812 Questions]

You must analyze an event that happened at 20:37 UTC. One log relevant to the event is extracted from FortiGate logs:

The devices and the administrator are all located in different time zones Daylight savings time (DST) is disabled

* The FortiGate is at GMT-1000.

* The FortiAnalyzer is at GMT-0800

* Your browser local time zone is at GMT-03.00

You want to review this log on FortiAnalyzer GUI, what time should you use as a filter?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Aimee
8 days ago
Yeah, I think you've got it. Option D is the correct answer. Although, I have to say, these time zone conversions always make my head spin. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a different reality!
upvoted 0 times
Leota
9 days ago
Hmm, let me think this through. If the event happened at 20:37 UTC, and the FortiAnalyzer is GMT-08:00, then the local time for the FortiAnalyzer would be 12:37:08. That's option D, right?
upvoted 0 times
Venita
10 days ago
Let's see, the FortiGate is GMT-10:00, the FortiAnalyzer is GMT-08:00, and our browser is GMT-03:00. So we need to convert the 20:37 UTC time to the local time for the FortiAnalyzer, which is the device we're using to review the log.
upvoted 0 times
Cherry
11 days ago
Okay, so we need to analyze an event that happened at 20:37 UTC, and the devices are in different time zones. This is tricky, we need to figure out the local time for each device.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel