Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Fortinet Exam NSE8_812 Topic 1 Question 13 Discussion

Actual exam question for Fortinet's NSE8_812 exam
Question #: 13
Topic #: 1
[All NSE8_812 Questions]

Review the following FortiGate-6000 configuration excerpt:

Based on the configuration, which statement is correct regarding SNAT source port partitioning behavior?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The configuration excerpt shows that the SNAT source port partitioning behavior is set to dynamic. This means that the FortiGate will dynamically distribute SNAT source ports to operating FPCs or FPMs. This ensures that active sessions are not interrupted if an FPC or FPM goes down.

The other options are incorrect. Option B is incorrect because the default SNAT configuration is static. Option C is incorrect because the configuration excerpt does not specify that SNAT source ports are statically distributed. Option D is incorrect because the SNAT source ports are not evenly distributed across chassis slots.

Here are some additional details about SNAT source port partitioning behavior:

SNAT source port partitioning behavior can be set todynamicorstatic.

The default SNAT configuration isstatic.

Dynamic SNAT source port partitioning ensures that active sessions are not interrupted if an FPC or FPM goes down.

Static SNAT source port partitioning can improve performance by reducing the number of SNAT lookups.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Dominic
8 days ago
Hmm, the options mention dynamic distribution, default configuration, static distribution, and equal distribution across chassis slots. I wonder if any of those match the behavior described in the configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Dierdre
9 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. The question says the configuration excerpt is for a FortiGate-6000, so that gives us a clue.
upvoted 0 times
Micheal
10 days ago
Yeah, me too. I'm not sure if I fully understand the behavior here. I guess we'll just have to carefully analyze the configuration and options.
upvoted 0 times
Donte
11 days ago
Hah, this question is tricky! I've been studying hard for the exam, but source port partitioning on the FortiGate-6000 still has me a bit confused.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel