Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 212-82 Topic 7 Question 26 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 212-82 exam
Question #: 26
Topic #: 7
[All 212-82 Questions]

The SOC department in a multinational organization has collected logs of a security event as

"Windows.events.evtx". Study the Audit Failure logs in the event log file located in the Documents folder of the

-Attacker Maehine-1" and determine the IP address of the attacker. (Note: The event ID of Audit failure logs is

4625.)

(Practical Question)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The IP address of the attacker is 10.10.1.16. This can be verified by analyzing the Windows.events.evtx file using a tool such as Event Viewer or Log Parser. The file contains several Audit Failure logs with event ID 4625, which indicate failed logon attempts to the system. The logs show that the source network address of the failed logon attempts is 10.10.1.16, which is the IP address of the attacker3. The screenshot below shows an example of viewing one of the logs using Event Viewer4: Reference: Audit Failure Log, [Windows.events.evtx], [Screenshot of Event Viewer showing Audit Failure log]

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lashawn
3 days ago
I guess we'll have to look deeper into the logs to find out for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Colette
5 days ago
I am leaning towards 10.10.1.16.
upvoted 0 times
Jina
6 days ago
I disagree, I believe it is 10.10.1.10.
upvoted 0 times
Lashawn
6 days ago
I think the IP address of the attacker is 10.10.1.12.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel