Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 212-82 Topic 4 Question 25 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 212-82 exam
Question #: 25
Topic #: 4
[All 212-82 Questions]

A disgruntled employee has set up a RAT (Remote Access Trojan) server in one of the machines in the target network to steal sensitive corporate documents. The IP address of the target machine where the RAT is installed is 20.20.10.26. Initiate a remote connection to the target machine from the "Attacker Machine-1" using the Theef client. Locate the "Sensitive Corporate Documents" folder in the target machine's Documents directory and determine the number of files. Mint: Theef folder is located at Z:\CCT-Tools\CCT Module 01 Information Security Threats and Vulnerabilities\Remote Access Trojans (RAT)\Theef of the Attacker Machine1.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

The number of files in the ''Sensitive Corporate Documents'' folder is 4. This can be verified by initiating a remote connection to the target machine from the ''Attacker Machine-1'' using Theef client. Theef is a Remote Access Trojan (RAT) that allows an attacker to remotely control a victim's machine and perform various malicious activities. To connect to the target machine using Theef client, one can follow these steps:

Launch Theef client from Z:\CCT-Tools\CCT Module 01 Information Security Threats and Vulnerabilities\Remote Access Trojans (RAT)\Theef on the ''Attacker Machine-1''.

Enter the IP address of the target machine (20.20.10.26) and click on Connect.

Wait for a few seconds until a connection is established and a message box appears saying ''Connection Successful''.

Click on OK to close the message box and access the remote desktop of the target machine.

Navigate to the Documents directory and locate the ''Sensitive Corporate Documents'' folder.

Open the folder and count the number of files in it. The screenshot below shows an example of performing these steps: Reference: [Theef Client Tutorial], [Screenshot of Theef client showing remote desktop and folder]

Contribute your Thoughts:

Larae
5 days ago
Alright, let's take a look at the question. If we're going to do this, we should make sure we get the right answer. My money's on C - 5 files.
upvoted 0 times
Skye
7 days ago
I hear you, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of actually carrying out the attack, even in a simulated environment. Maybe we could just discuss the general principles instead?
upvoted 0 times
Annelle
8 days ago
I dunno, I kind of like the realism of this question. It's a good test of our knowledge in a real-world situation.
upvoted 0 times
Julio
9 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure I'm prepared to handle a RAT attack. Maybe we should ask the instructor if they can modify the question to be less specific?
upvoted 0 times
Sean
11 days ago
I agree, this seems a bit too realistic. I'd feel better if the question focused more on general security concepts rather than a specific attack scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Cherelle
12 days ago
Wow, this is a pretty intense question. I'm not sure I feel comfortable simulating an attack like that, even if it's just for an exam.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel