Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam XK0-005 Topic 3 Question 26 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's XK0-005 exam
Question #: 26
Topic #: 3
[All XK0-005 Questions]

Users are experiencing high latency when accessing a web application served by a Linux machine. A systems administrator checks the network interface counters and sees the following:

Which of the following is the most probable cause of the observed latency?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Jacquelyne
5 days ago
Haha, yeah, the old 'blame the hardware' trick. Classic IT exam question. But in this case, I think you guys are right - B is the most likely culprit. Though I have to say, if I was the sysadmin, I'd be double-checking all the cables and switch ports first before jumping to any conclusions.
upvoted 0 times
Leanna
5 days ago
Hmm, good point. The gateway being unreachable could definitely be a factor. But I still think the connection problem is the most likely explanation. It's like the network interface is trying to play traffic cop, but just can't keep up with all the cars (or packets) trying to get through.
upvoted 0 times
Gregoria
6 days ago
I agree with you both. D - the gateway being unreachable - is also a possibility, but the network interface stats point more towards a local connection problem. Though I have to admit, I'm a little surprised they didn't include an option about high CPU or memory usage on the server. That can also cause latency, you know.
upvoted 0 times
Von
7 days ago
I don't know, guys. What if the gateway is just MIA? Option D seems plausible to me. I mean, if the gateway's not responding, that could definitely cause some major latency issues.
upvoted 0 times
Tarra
7 days ago
You know, I was just thinking the same thing. The RX errors and collisions are a dead giveaway that there's something wrong with the network connection. It's probably not a disconnect or IP address issue, since those would show different metrics.
upvoted 0 times
Adria
8 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. The high latency could be due to a few different issues, but I'm leaning towards B - a connection problem on the network interface. Those counter values seem to indicate some kind of network congestion or errors.
upvoted 0 times
Lenna
8 days ago
Yeah, the collision count is definitely interesting. Maybe the network interface is just a bit too crowded, like a busy highway during rush hour. But I still think option B is the best answer based on the information provided.
upvoted 0 times
Rossana
9 days ago
Collisions, huh? Sounds like this network interface is having a bit of a 'collision course' with high latency! (chuckles) But in all seriousness, I think you two are on the right track. Connection problem seems like the most likely culprit here.
upvoted 0 times
Chauncey
11 days ago
I agree with you, option B seems like the way to go. Although, I'm a bit curious about the high amount of collisions. That could also be a clue to the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Melvin
13 days ago
Hmm, this question seems straightforward enough. I'm leaning towards option B as the most probable cause. The high number of errors and dropped packets suggests some kind of connection problem on the network interface.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel