Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PK0-005 Topic 4 Question 15 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PK0-005 exam
Question #: 15
Topic #: 4
[All PK0-005 Questions]

During the testing phase of a project, the regression test fails due to a specific item that is disrupting the entire system. Which of the following documents should the project manager use to identify who requested this item?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

A traceability matrix is a document that maps the requirements of a project to the deliverables, test cases, and changes that are produced to meet those requirements. It helps the project manager to track the origin, status, and impact of each requirement throughout the project life cycle. A traceability matrix can also identify who requested or approved each requirement. Therefore, the project manager can use the traceability matrix to identify who requested the specific item that caused the regression test to fail12.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Micah
8 days ago
Haha, I bet the project manager is just wishing they had a crystal ball right about now. But in all seriousness, I think Precious makes a good point. The issue log is probably the best place to start looking for who requested this disruptive item.
upvoted 0 times
Precious
9 days ago
I disagree, I think the issue log is the way to go. If this item was previously identified as a potential problem, it should be documented there. The traceability matrix is more for tracking requirements, not necessarily change management.
upvoted 0 times
Buck
10 days ago
You know, I was just thinking the same thing. This seems like the kind of problem that could have been avoided if the traceability matrix was properly maintained. That's got to be the way to go here.
upvoted 0 times
Harrison
11 days ago
Good point, Mei. The risk register is definitely worth a look. Although, I have to say, if this is causing the entire system to go haywire, I'm a little surprised it wasn't caught earlier. Maybe the project manager needs to work on their risk assessment skills.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel