Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DS0-001 Topic 1 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DS0-001 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 1
[All DS0-001 Questions]

Which of the following best describes the category of SQL commands required to revoke access to database objects?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The category of SQL commands that is required to revoke access to database objects is DCL. DCL, or Data Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage the access or permissions of users or roles on a database. DCL includes commands such as GRANT and REVOKE. GRANT is a DCL command that is used to grant privileges or roles to users or roles on specific objects in a database, such as tables, views, procedures, etc. REVOKE is a DCL command that is used to revoke privileges or roles from users or roles on specific objects in a database. For example, the following statement uses the REVOKE command to revoke the SELECT privilege from user Alice on table employee:

REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM Alice;

The other options are either different categories of SQL commands or not related to SQL commands at all. For example, IDDL is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; IDML is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; TCL, or Transaction Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage transactions on a database, such as committing or rolling back changes.Reference:CompTIA DataSys+ Course Outline, Domain 4.0 Data and Database Security, Objective 4.2 Given a scenario, implement security controls for databases.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Refugia
8 days ago
Hmm, I was debating between DCL and TCL, but I think DCL is the better choice. TCL is more for transaction control, not security and permissions.
upvoted 0 times
Milly
9 days ago
I agree with you both. DCL makes the most sense here. The other options like IDDL, IDML, and TCL don't really seem to fit the description of the question.
upvoted 0 times
Rebeca
10 days ago
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Revoking access to database objects is definitely a security-related operation, so it has to fall under DCL commands.
upvoted 0 times
Orville
11 days ago
This question seems to be testing our knowledge of SQL command categories. I'm pretty sure the answer is DCL, or Data Control Language, since that's the category for commands related to security and permissions.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel