Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DS0-001 Topic 1 Question 13 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DS0-001 exam
Question #: 13
Topic #: 1
[All DS0-001 Questions]

Which of the following commands is part of DDL?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The command that is part of DDL is CREATE. CREATE is a SQL command that belongs to the category of DDL, or Data Definition Language. DDL is a subset of SQL commands that are used to define or modify the structure or schema of a database, such as tables, columns, constraints, indexes, views, etc. CREATE is a DDL command that is used to create a new object in a database, such as a table, column, constraint, index, view, etc. For example, the following statement uses the CREATE command to create a new table called employee with four columns:

CREATE TABLE employee (

emp_id INT PRIMARY KEY,

emp_name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,

emp_dept VARCHAR(20),

emp_salary DECIMAL(10,2)

);

Copy

The other options are either part of different categories of SQL commands or not SQL commands at all. For example, UPDATE is a SQL command that belongs to the category of DML, or Data Manipulation Language. DML is a subset of SQL commands that are used to manipulate or modify the data or content of a database, such as inserting, updating, deleting, or selecting data. GRANT is a SQL command that belongs to the category of DCL, or Data Control Language. DCL is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage the access or permissions of users or roles on a database, such as granting or revoking privileges or roles. INSERT is a SQL command that belongs to the category of DML, or Data Manipulation Language. INSERT is a DML command that is used to insert new data into a table.Reference:CompTIA DataSys+ Course Outline, Domain 1.0 Database Fundamentals, Objective 1.2 Given a scenario, execute database tasks using scripting and programming languages.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Dean
7 days ago
Haha, this question is like asking whether a fork is part of the cutlery family. Of course CREATE is DDL! If anyone picks the other options, they'll be forking up their certification.
upvoted 0 times
Kati
7 days ago
Haha, remember that time in our study group when we got into a heated debate about the differences between DDL and DML? Good times.
upvoted 0 times
Vincenza
8 days ago
Yeah, the CREATE command is a no-brainer. But I'm a bit worried about the other options. GRANT is related to permissions, and UPDATE and INSERT are Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands. I hope the rest of the exam isn't this easy.
upvoted 0 times
Wilbert
9 days ago
You know, I'm not totally sure about this, but I think UPDATE and INSERT are DML (Data Manipulation Language) commands, not DDL. So I'm going to go with C) CREATE.
upvoted 0 times
Loreta
10 days ago
I agree with Scarlet. CREATE is definitely a DDL command, used to create database objects like tables, views, and indexes. I'm surprised they're including such a basic SQL question in a certification exam.
upvoted 0 times
Scarlet
10 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a pretty straightforward SQL question. I'm pretty confident that CREATE is part of the Data Definition Language (DDL).
upvoted 0 times
Broderick
10 days ago
I'm leaning towards C) CREATE. That's probably the most common DDL command, used to create tables, views, indexes, and other database objects.
upvoted 0 times
Luisa
11 days ago
Yeah, that makes sense. So I'm guessing the answer is either B) GRANT or C) CREATE. Those seem like the most likely DDL commands.
upvoted 0 times
Mary
13 days ago
I agree with Kenia. I think the DDL commands are the ones that deal with the structure of the database, not the actual data itself.
upvoted 0 times
Kenia
15 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I know DDL stands for Data Definition Language, so it's probably related to creating, modifying, or deleting database objects, not data manipulation.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel