Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DA0-001 Topic 3 Question 30 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DA0-001 exam
Question #: 30
Topic #: 3
[All DA0-001 Questions]

Which of the following is a best practice when updating a legacy data source?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ellen
7 days ago
Ooh, I like the sound of option C - creating a codebook to document field changes. That's a great way to ensure transparency and make it easier to understand the data over time.
upvoted 0 times
Corrina
7 days ago
You know, I'm kind of surprised that 'removing the data source from production' is even an option. That's like going nuclear on the problem! Let's keep things sane and go with the codebook approach.
upvoted 0 times
Dannie
8 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Option B, keeping only the most recent data, also doesn't seem like a great idea. We could be losing valuable historical information that way.
upvoted 0 times
Latricia
9 days ago
Haha, I can already picture the frantic emails and Slack messages if we removed the data source from production. 'Guys, where did all our data go?!' That's a hard pass from me.
upvoted 0 times
Paola
9 days ago
I agree. Removing the data source from production (option D) seems like a drastic measure that could cause major disruptions. That's definitely not a best practice in my opinion.
upvoted 0 times
Colene
10 days ago
Exactly, Candida! Keeping the historical data is crucial, and the codebook will be a lifesaver. I can just imagine the chaos if we started deleting old data. 'Wait, where did that crucial piece of information go?' Nope, not for me.
upvoted 0 times
Florinda
10 days ago
This question seems to be testing our understanding of best practices when updating legacy data sources. I think the key here is to maintain data integrity and traceability.
upvoted 0 times
Candida
11 days ago
Placing old data in new fields? That just sounds like a recipe for confusion. And keeping only the most recent data? What if we need to reference historical information? Nah, the codebook is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Viola
13 days ago
I agree, the codebook option seems like the most thorough approach. Plus, it'll make it easier for future developers to understand the data and its history. I'm not a fan of just removing the data source from production - that feels like we're sweeping the problem under the rug.
upvoted 0 times
Brianne
15 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. Updating legacy data sources can be a real headache, but I think creating a codebook to document field changes is definitely the way to go. That way, we can keep track of what's changing and ensure consistency across the system.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel