Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CS0-002 Topic 6 Question 73 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CS0-002 exam
Question #: 73
Topic #: 6
[All CS0-002 Questions]

A cybersecurity analyst inspects DNS logs on a regular basis to identify possible IOCs that are not triggered by known signatures. The analyst reviews the following log snippet:

Which of the following should the analyst do next based on the information reviewed?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Janet
13 days ago
You guys are really overthinking this. The simplest solution is to just disconnect the host at 192.168.1.67. That's the one that's clearly accessing the malicious domain, so cutting it off from the network should stop the threat, right? *laughs* I mean, what could possibly go wrong with that approach?
upvoted 0 times
Jolanda
14 days ago
Hmm, sinkholing sounds like a good idea, but it might be tricky to pull off, especially if the 8.8.8.8 resolver is not under the analyst's control. Maybe a better approach would be to disallow queries to that resolver altogether. That way, you can at least prevent further communication with the malicious domain, even if you can't completely sinkhole the traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Arleen
15 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. Blocking a single domain might not be enough to address the underlying issue. What if there are other malicious domains being used? I think the analyst should consider sinkholing the IP address 102.100.20.20 to get a better understanding of the threat and potentially identify other indicators of compromise.
upvoted 0 times
That's a good point. Sinkholing could provide more insights into the threat.
upvoted 0 times
Joanna
21 hours ago
Sinkholing the IP address 102.100.20.20 could help identify other indicators of compromise.
upvoted 0 times
Ming
16 days ago
This question is tricky, but I think the answer is B - block requests to 'no---thanks.invalid'. The DNS log shows a suspicious domain name that is likely used for malicious purposes, like command and control or data exfiltration. Blocking that domain is the safest option to mitigate the potential threat without disrupting the entire network.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel