Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CS0-002 Topic 5 Question 74 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CS0-002 exam
Question #: 74
Topic #: 5
[All CS0-002 Questions]

A security analyst implemented a solution that would analyze the attacks that the organization's firewalls failed to prevent. The analyst used the existing systems to enact the solution and executed the following command:

$ sudo nc ---1 ---v ---e maildaemon.py 25 > caplog.txt

Which of the following solutions did the analyst implement?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Heidy
8 days ago
Ooh, that's a good point, Myra. If that's the case, then the solution they implemented could be a honeypot, where they're capturing and analyzing the network traffic that the firewall didn't catch.
upvoted 0 times
Myra
9 days ago
Wait a minute, I think I know what's going on here. The 'nc' command is short for 'netcat', which is a network utility tool that can be used to create network connections and transfer data. Maybe the analyst used it to capture network traffic and analyze it for attacks that the firewall missed.
upvoted 0 times
Amie
10 days ago
Yeah, I agree. The command line looks like it's trying to pipe the output of a Python script called 'maildaemon.py' to a file called 'caplog.txt'. That doesn't sound like any of the solutions mentioned.
upvoted 0 times
Leslee
11 days ago
Hmm, this question seems a bit tricky. The command line provided doesn't seem to match any of the solutions listed. I'm not sure what to make of it.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel