Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CAS-004 Topic 5 Question 46 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CAS-004 exam
Question #: 46
Topic #: 5
[All CAS-004 Questions]

A systems engineer needs to develop a solution that uses digital certificates to allow authentication to laptops. Which of the following authenticator types would be most appropriate for the engineer to include in the design?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Using digital certificates for authentication is a secure method to control access to laptops and other devices. A device certificate can serve as an authenticator by providing a means for the device to prove its identity in a cryptographic manner. This certificate-based authentication is commonly used in enterprise environments for strong authentication.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Vernell
4 days ago
You guys make a good point. A device certificate is a great way to ensure secure authentication to the laptops. The only other option I could see being viable is a smart card, but that would probably be overkill for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
5 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The question is specifically asking for an authenticator type that uses digital certificates, and a device certificate fits the bill perfectly.
upvoted 0 times
Elli
6 days ago
I agree, a device certificate seems like the logical choice. It's a stronger authentication method than a simple password, and it's more convenient than a smart card or biometric solution.
upvoted 0 times
Layla
7 days ago
Hmm, this question is pretty straightforward. I think a device certificate would be the most appropriate solution here. It's a digital certificate that's tied to the specific laptop, which makes it a secure way to authenticate users.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel