Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1102 Topic 4 Question 28 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1102 exam
Question #: 28
Topic #: 4
[All 220-1102 Questions]

An administrator needs to back up the following components of a single workstation:

* The installation of the operating system

* Applications

* User profiles

* System settings

Which of the following backup methods can the administrator use to ensure the workstation is properly backed up?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

An image backup captures a complete snapshot of the entire system at a specific point in time, including the operating system, installed applications, user profiles, and system settings. This method is most suitable for backing up the components listed in the question because it ensures that every aspect of the workstation, from the core OS to individual user settings, is preserved and can be restored in its entirety. This is crucial for quickly recovering a system to a fully operational state after a failure or when migrating to new hardware. Other methods like differential, synthetic, and archive backups do not provide the comprehensive one-step restoration capability that an image backup offers for the complete system recovery.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Kristine
7 days ago
Hmm, I don't know. I'm a bit skeptical about synthetic backups. Aren't they a bit more complicated to set up and maintain? I think I'd prefer a good old-fashioned archive backup. It's simple, straightforward, and gets the job done without any fancy bells and whistles.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
7 days ago
Yeah, synthetic backup could work here. It would allow the administrator to restore the entire system, but with potentially faster backup and restore times than a full image backup.
upvoted 0 times
Goldie
8 days ago
I'm not so sure about that, Julieta. Differential backups can be a bit tricky to manage, especially if you have multiple workstations to consider. What about a synthetic backup? It combines the full backup with the incremental backups, giving you the benefits of a full backup without the need to keep the original.
upvoted 0 times
Julieta
9 days ago
I'm not sure about that, Cassandra. Wouldn't a differential backup be a more efficient option? It would only backup the changes since the last full backup, saving us time and storage space. As long as we have the initial full backup, a differential should be able to handle the job just fine.
upvoted 0 times
Kiera
9 days ago
Hmm, what about synthetic backup? I've heard that can be a good option for workstations, as it combines the benefits of full and incremental backups.
upvoted 0 times
Alexia
10 days ago
But a differential backup wouldn't capture the entire system, would it? The question says the administrator needs to back up all those components, so I think image backup is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Cassandra
10 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky question. I think the best option here would be to go with an image backup. That way, we can capture the entire system state, including the operating system, applications, user profiles, and system settings. It's a comprehensive solution that can make restoring the workstation a breeze.
upvoted 0 times
Mari
11 days ago
I'm not sure about that. Image backups can be large and slow to restore. Wouldn't a differential backup be more efficient, especially if the administrator needs to restore just a few files or settings?
upvoted 0 times
Patti
13 days ago
I'm thinking image backup would be the best option here. It can capture the entire system, including the operating system, applications, user profiles, and system settings.
upvoted 0 times
Earnestine
15 days ago
This is a tricky question. The administrator needs to back up a lot of different components on the workstation, so the backup method needs to be comprehensive.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel