Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1102 Topic 1 Question 23 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1102 exam
Question #: 23
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1102 Questions]

A remote user's smartphone is performing very slowly. The user notices that the performance improves slightly after rebooting but then reverts back to performing slowly. The user also notices that the phone does not get any faster after connecting to the company's corporate guest network. A technician sees that the phone has a large number of applications installed on it. Which of the following is the most likely cause of the issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

One of the common reasons for a slow smartphone performance is having too many apps installed and running in the background. These apps consume the device's memory (RAM) and CPU resources, which can affect the speed and responsiveness of the phone. Rebooting the phone can temporarily clear the RAM and stop some background processes, but they may resume after a while. Connecting to a different network does not affect the performance of the phone, unless the network is congested or has a poor signal.The user can improve the phone's performance by uninstalling unused apps, clearing app caches, and restricting background activities12.Malware can also slow down a phone, but it is not the most likely cause in this scenario, as the user does not report any other symptoms of infection, such as pop-ups, battery drain, or data usage spikes3. Jailbreaking a phone can also affect its performance, but it is not a cause, rather a consequence, of the user's actions.Jailbreaking is the process of removing the manufacturer's restrictions on a phone, which allows the user to install unauthorized apps, customize the system, and access root privileges4.However, jailbreaking also exposes the phone to security risks, voids the warranty, and may cause instability or compatibility issues5.

Reference 1: Speed up a slow Android device - Android Help - Google Help 2: Why your phone slows down over time and what you can do to stop it | TechRadar 3: How to tell if your phone has a virus | Norton 4: What is Jailbreaking?- Definition from Techopedia 5: What is Jailbreaking an iPhone? - Lifewire

Contribute your Thoughts:

Stephen
13 days ago
Haha, malware? Come on, Julieta. This user doesn't sound like they'd be the type to get their phone infected. I'm with Quiana and Verona - too many apps is the most likely culprit here.
upvoted 0 times
Julieta
14 days ago
You know, I was actually going to say the phone has malware on it. The fact that the performance doesn't improve even on the corporate network makes me think it's some kind of malicious software slowing things down.
upvoted 0 times
Shakira
13 hours ago
I think you may be right. Malware could definitely be the cause.
upvoted 0 times
Verona
14 days ago
Jailbroken, huh? So, is this user some kind of tech-savvy rebel or what? I'm sticking with too many apps as the answer, but that's an interesting theory, Michael.
upvoted 0 times
Quiana
16 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm leaning towards option B - too many processes running. All those apps the user has installed are probably bogging down the phone's performance.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel