Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1101 Topic 5 Question 28 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1101 exam
Question #: 28
Topic #: 5
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A technician is upgrading a user's laptop from an HDD to an SSD. The user's laptop only has a single bay for a hard drive. Which of the following characteristics of the SSD is the most important in this scenario?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

When upgrading a laptop's storage from an HDD to an SSD, especially in laptops with only a single bay for a hard drive, the most critical characteristic to consider is the form factor. The form factor must match the physical dimensions and interface of the original HDD to ensure that the SSD can fit into the bay and connect properly. Storage size (B) is important for capacity reasons, transfer speed (D) affects performance, and partition type (A) is a software configuration aspect, but the form factor (C) is crucial for the physical compatibility of the SSD with the laptop.

CompTIA A+ Core 1 Exam Objectives Section 3.3: Given a scenario, select and install storage devices.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Roslyn
7 days ago
Oh, come on, guys! It's obviously the partition type. If the SSD isn't compatible with the laptop's existing partitioning, the whole upgrade is going to be a disaster. *laughs* Just kidding, that's probably the least important factor here.
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
7 days ago
True, but I think the form factor is still the most crucial. I mean, what good is a lightning-fast SSD if it doesn't fit in the laptop?
upvoted 0 times
Antione
8 days ago
You both make good points, but I'm going to go with storage size. The user is probably upgrading for more capacity, so making sure the SSD has enough space to accommodate their needs is crucial.
upvoted 0 times
Merlyn
9 days ago
I disagree. I think the transfer speed is the most critical factor. If the SSD is significantly faster than the HDD, the user will notice a huge performance boost, which is the whole point of this upgrade, right?
upvoted 0 times
Jaclyn
9 days ago
Exactly, and let's not forget about transfer speed. If the user is doing a lot of file transfers, that could be just as important as the form factor.
upvoted 0 times
Kayleigh
10 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I think the most important characteristic here is the form factor. Since the laptop only has a single drive bay, the SSD needs to be the right physical size to fit in that bay without any issues.
upvoted 0 times
Micheline
10 days ago
Nah, storage size is secondary in this case. The user can always use an external drive for more storage if needed. The form factor is the limiting factor here.
upvoted 0 times
Lon
11 days ago
But what if the user wants more storage space? Shouldn't the storage size be the most important factor?
upvoted 0 times
Danilo
13 days ago
I agree, the form factor is the key factor here. If the SSD doesn't fit in the laptop's bay, it's not going to work no matter how fast it is or how much storage it has.
upvoted 0 times
Hassie
15 days ago
Hmm, this question is tricky. The user's laptop only has a single bay, so the most important characteristic is the form factor of the SSD. It needs to fit in that single bay.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel