Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1101 Topic 2 Question 27 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1101 exam
Question #: 27
Topic #: 2
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A technician has been called into a conference room to help with a video call setup. The user is unable to get the laptop screen to mirror to the in-room television. The technician confirms that the appropriate HDMI cable is plugged into the user's computer and the TV has a blinking logo on the screen Which of the following is most likely causing the issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

When a laptop screen fails to mirror to a television despite being correctly connected via an HDMI cable, a common issue is that the television is set to the wrong input source. Modern televisions have multiple input options (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV, etc.), and selecting the correct input that corresponds to the port the HDMI cable is connected to is essential for displaying the laptop's screen. The blinking logo on the TV screen typically indicates that the TV is functioning but not receiving a signal from the selected input source. Changing the TV's input to the correct HDMI port should resolve the issue and allow the laptop screen to mirror onto the TV. Reference: Hardware 1101.docx, 'Connecting External Displays' section.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alpha
4 days ago
Haha, can you imagine if the problem was that the user forgot to turn on Bluetooth? That would be the most embarrassing tech support call ever. 'Did you try... turning it on and off again?'
upvoted 0 times
Malcom
5 days ago
I dunno, guys. What if the laptop just doesn't support screen mirroring? That would be a real bummer. But I guess we can rule that out since the technician is already on the case.
upvoted 0 times
Rhea
6 days ago
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm leaning towards option C - the wrong input is selected on the television. The technician confirmed the HDMI cable is plugged in, so it seems like the TV just needs to be switched to the right input.
upvoted 0 times
Quentin
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not sure if the issue is with the laptop or the TV. The blinking logo on the TV screen makes me think it's trying to detect an input signal, but can't seem to find one.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel