Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 400-007 Topic 7 Question 29 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 400-007 exam
Question #: 29
Topic #: 7
[All 400-007 Questions]

Company XYZ, a global content provider, owns data centers on different continents. Their data center design involves a standard three-layer design with a Layer 3-only core. HSRP is used as the FHRP. They require VLAN extension across access switches in all data centers, and they plan to purchase a Layer 2 interconnection between two of their data centers in Europe. In the absence of other business or technical constraints, which termination point is optimal for the Layer 2 interconnection?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Tamera
10 days ago
But wait, didn't the question mention that they're using HSRP as the FHRP? Wouldn't that mean the STP root bridge doesn't need to align with the VRRP active node? In that case, option B might be worth considering.
upvoted 0 times
Ruth
11 days ago
Haha, yeah, I hear you Naomi. These network design questions can be like a game of chess sometimes. You've got to think several moves ahead to make the right call. *sips coffee* Alright, let's keep debating this one. I'm still leaning towards option A, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
upvoted 0 times
Naomi
12 days ago
You know, I can already see this question causing some headaches on the exam. There are pros and cons to each option, and it really depends on how we interpret the requirements. I hope the actual exam question is a bit more straightforward!
upvoted 0 times
Merilyn
13 days ago
Hmm, good point Neha. I didn't think about the HSRP aspect. In that case, maybe option B is the way to go. The access layer could be a good spot to terminate the Layer 2 interconnection.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel