Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 350-701 Topic 6 Question 82 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 350-701 exam
Question #: 82
Topic #: 6
[All 350-701 Questions]

What is a functional difference between Cisco Secure Endpoint and Cisco Umbrella Roaming Client?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

The functional difference between Cisco Secure Endpoint (formerly known as AMP for Endpoints) and Cisco Umbrella Roaming Client lies in their approach to security. Cisco Secure Endpoint is designed to prevent, detect, and respond to threats on the endpoint devices. It provides comprehensive protection by stopping and tracking malicious files and activities on hosts, utilizing continuous analysis and retrospective security to address threats at various stages of the attack continuum. On the other hand, Cisco Umbrella Roaming Client is focused on DNS and IP layer enforcement to prevent internet-based threats before a connection is established. It primarily tracks and blocks URL-based threats by enforcing security at the DNS layer, thus preventing access to malicious domains. Therefore, while Secure Endpoint provides broad endpoint protection against a variety of threats, the Umbrella Roaming Client specifically targets URL-based threats.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Viva
3 days ago
I'm not sure about the specifics, but I think option A might be the right answer. Secure Endpoint seems to handle user authentication and segmentation, while the Roaming Client is more for VPN connectivity. But I'd have to double-check the details on that.
upvoted 0 times
Denise
4 days ago
Haha, I can just imagine the Umbrella Roaming Client being like a security guard at the network entrance, while Secure Endpoint is the bodyguard for each individual device. Gotta keep those endpoints safe, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Shantell
5 days ago
You know, I'm leaning towards option B. The way I see it, Secure Endpoint is more about monitoring and stopping malicious activity on the host devices, while the Umbrella Roaming Client is focused on tracking URL-based threats. But I'm not 100% confident in that.
upvoted 0 times
Jolene
6 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not entirely sure about the functional differences between these two Cisco products. But I think it might have something to do with their respective focuses - one on endpoint security and the other on network-level protection.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel