Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-815 Topic 1 Question 82 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-815 exam
Question #: 82
Topic #: 1
[All 300-815 Questions]

The SIP session refresh timer allows the RTP session to stay active during an active call. The Cisco UCM sends either SIP-INVITE or SIP-UPDATE messages in a regular interval of time throughout the active duration of the call. During a troubleshooting session, the engineer finds that the Cisco UCM is sending SIP-UPDATE as the SIP session refresher, and the engineer would like to use SIP-INVITE as the session refresher. What configuration should be made in the Cisco UCM to achieve this?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Tamera
19 days ago
Haha, yeah, the SIP-UPDATE is like the fruitcake of the SIP world - no one really wants it, but it just keeps showing up. But hey, at least this question is giving us a chance to fix that.
upvoted 0 times
Jaime
20 days ago
Agreed. Option C makes the most sense here. I'm not a fan of the SIP-UPDATE approach, it just feels like an unnecessary complication. Give me a good ol' SIP-INVITE any day!
upvoted 0 times
Whitley
1 days ago
SIP-INVITE just feels like the right choice for session refresh.
upvoted 0 times
Frederick
2 days ago
It's great to see others appreciating SIP-INVITE as well.
upvoted 0 times
Thad
3 days ago
I always prefer using SIP-INVITE for session refresh.
upvoted 0 times
Lettie
4 days ago
Definitely, SIP-INVITE is much more reliable in my experience.
upvoted 0 times
Brunilda
5 days ago
Agreed, SIP-INVITE is the way to go for session refresh.
upvoted 0 times
Avery
6 days ago
That makes sense. SIP-INVITE is simpler and more straightforward.
upvoted 0 times
Janine
7 days ago
C) Change Session Refresh Method on the SIP profile to INVITE.
upvoted 0 times
Octavio
21 days ago
Yes, exactly. From the options provided, I believe the answer is C - Change Session Refresh Method on the SIP profile to INVITE. This would allow the Cisco UCM to use SIP-INVITE as the session refresher instead of the current SIP-UPDATE.
upvoted 0 times
Lonny
22 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I think the key here is the SIP session refresh timer and how the Cisco UCM handles the SIP-INVITE and SIP-UPDATE messages during an active call.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel