Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-730 Topic 2 Question 82 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-730 exam
Question #: 82
Topic #: 2
[All 300-730 Questions]

A network engineer must expand a company's Cisco AnyConnect solution. Currently, a Cisco ASA is set up in North America and another will be installed in Europe with a different IP address. Users should connect to the ASA that has the lowest Round Trip Time from their network location as measured by the AnyConnect client. Which solution must be implemented to meet this requirement?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Optimal Gateway Selection (OGS). OGS is a feature that can be used in order to determine which gateway has the lowest Round Trip Time (RTT) and connect to that gateway. One can use the OGS feature in order to minimize latency for Internet traffic without user intervention. With OGS, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (AnyConnect) identifies and selects which secure gateway is best for connection or reconnection. OGS begins upon first connection or upon a reconnection at least four hours after the previous disconnection.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alton
4 days ago
Haha, yeah, I can just imagine some poor exam candidate trying to set up an IP SLA between two continents to figure out the Round Trip Time. That's just overkill for this scenario!
upvoted 0 times
Nieves
5 days ago
Yeah, that makes sense. The other options like VPN Load Balancing and DNS Load Balancing don't really seem to fit the requirement of choosing the ASA based on the client's location and network conditions.
upvoted 0 times
Odette
6 days ago
I agree, Audrie. I'm leaning towards option D, Optimal Gateway Selection. This feature in Cisco AnyConnect allows the client to automatically connect to the ASA with the lowest Round Trip Time, which is exactly what the question is asking for.
upvoted 0 times
Audrie
7 days ago
Hmm, this question seems to be testing our knowledge of Cisco AnyConnect solutions. I think the key here is to find a way to load-balance the connections to the two ASA devices based on the client's network location.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel