Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-710 Topic 11 Question 75 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-710 exam
Question #: 75
Topic #: 11
[All 300-710 Questions]

An engineer is configuring a custom application detector for HTTP traffic and wants to import a file that was provided by a third party. Which type of flies are advanced application detectors creates and uploaded as?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

A custom application detector is a user-defined script that can detect web applications, clients, and application protocols based on patterns in network traffic. Custom application detectors are written in LUA, which is a lightweight and embeddable scripting language.LUA scripts can use predefined functions and variables provided by the Firepower System to access packet data and metadata, and to specify the detection criteria and the application information1.

To import a custom application detector file that was provided by a third party, you need to follow these steps1:

In the FMC web interface, navigate to Objects > Object Management > Application Detectors.

Click Import.

Browse to the location of the LUA script file and select it.

Click Upload.

Review the detector details and click Save.

The other options are incorrect because:

Perl script is not a supported format for custom application detectors. Perl is a general-purpose programming language that is not embedded in the Firepower System.

NBAR protocol is not a file type, but a feature of Cisco IOS routers that can classify and monitor network traffic based on application types. NBAR protocols are predefined and cannot be imported as custom application detectors.

Python program is not a supported format for custom application detectors. Python is a general-purpose programming language that is not embedded in the Firepower System.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Eliseo
11 days ago
That's a good point. LUA scripts are often used for network-related tasks. But Python is also a popular language for security and networking tools. Maybe D) Python program is the correct answer?
upvoted 0 times
Corinne
12 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. An engineer is configuring a custom application detector for HTTP traffic, so it's probably a scripting language of some kind. I'm going to guess C) LUA script, since that's a common language used for network and security applications.
upvoted 0 times
Judy
13 days ago
Yeah, I agree. This is definitely not a straightforward question. I'm guessing it has something to do with the file format used for these custom application detectors.
upvoted 0 times
Lonna
14 days ago
Hmm, this question seems a bit tricky. I'm not sure what type of files advanced application detectors create and upload. The options provided don't seem very straightforward to me.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel