Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-215 Topic 8 Question 69 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-215 exam
Question #: 69
Topic #: 8
[All 300-215 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

After a cyber attack, an engineer is analyzing an alert that was missed on the intrusion detection system. The attack exploited a vulnerability in a business critical, web-based application and violated its availability. Which two migration techniques should the engineer recommend? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, E

Contribute your Thoughts:

Marg
19 days ago
Seriously, Ty, who even uses NOP sleds these days? That's so old-school. I'd go with C and E as well. Gotta keep up with the latest security best practices, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Ty
20 days ago
Haha, encapsulation and NOP sled technique? Really? Those are way off the mark. Nice try, exam writers, but we're not falling for those distractors.
upvoted 0 times
Cristy
3 days ago
E) data execution prevention is crucial
upvoted 0 times
Layla
4 days ago
D) heap-based security could be useful
upvoted 0 times
Francesco
5 days ago
C) address space randomization might help
upvoted 0 times
Daniel
6 days ago
B) NOP sled technique is not effective here
upvoted 0 times
Valentine
7 days ago
A) encapsulation is important for security
upvoted 0 times
Tequila
21 days ago
I agree with Valentine. C and E make the most sense here. Address space randomization can help prevent the attacker from reliably exploiting the vulnerability, while data execution prevention can stop the malicious code from executing even if the attacker finds a way in.
upvoted 0 times
Valentine
22 days ago
Hmm, this question seems to be testing our understanding of security mitigation techniques. I'm thinking the answer might be C) address space randomization and E) data execution prevention. Those seem like the most relevant options to address the availability violation caused by the vulnerability in the web application.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel