Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-215 Topic 3 Question 70 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-215 exam
Question #: 70
Topic #: 3
[All 300-215 Questions]

A network host is infected with malware by an attacker who uses the host to make calls for files and shuttle traffic to bots. This attack went undetected and resulted in a significant loss. The organization wants to ensure this does not happen in the future and needs a security solution that will generate alerts when command and control communication from an infected device is detected. Which network security solution should be recommended?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alise
4 days ago
Haha, yeah, the ESA could be like the security guard that's watching your inbox like a hawk. 'Hey, you! No suspicious emails allowed in here!' *shakes finger*
upvoted 0 times
Lucille
5 days ago
I don't know, you guys. The Cisco Secure Email Gateway (ESA) might be a good option too. If the attacker was using email to communicate with the infected host, the ESA could catch that and alert the security team. It's worth considering, at least.
upvoted 0 times
Carla
6 days ago
You know, I was just reading about Firepower the other day. It uses a combination of network traffic analysis, threat intelligence, and machine learning to identify and block command and control communications. Sounds pretty robust to me. I think that's the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Jade
7 days ago
Ugh, this question is so tricky. I mean, the attacker was able to use the host to communicate with bots without getting detected, so we need a solution that can really monitor and alert on that type of activity. I'm leaning towards option B, Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense (Firepower), because I heard it has some pretty advanced threat detection and response capabilities.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel