Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

XML Exam I10-003 Topic 10 Question 3 Discussion

Actual exam question for XML's I10-003 exam
Question #: 3
Topic #: 10
[All I10-003 Questions]

Consider the structure of XML when storing date information as XML data. You must aggregate data for each calendar year from this XML data. Assume that statistical values related to the storage and retrieval of date information in a certain XMLDB is as follows:

[Date Information XML Structure A]

2007-04-OK/date>

[Date Information XML Structure B]

2QQ741

[Statistical Values] (assumed)

The search for one date node (XML structure A) or one y node (XML structure B) takes one microsecond in either case, regardless of search path.

With respect to structure A, two microseconds are required for each date node to determine whether the date element value matches the search year.

With respect to structure B, one microsecond is required for each y node to determine whether they element value is the same as the search year value.

The number of date elements at the initial state is 2000.

The number of date elements will increase with future updates; however, this is not a consideration for this question.

Insertion of a new date element under structure A takes 10 microseconds.

Insertion of a new date element under structure B takes 20 microseconds.

Do not consider any facts or conditions other than those noted above.

When the average number of new date element insertions per month is 20, and the average number of calendar date information searches per month is 10, which is the most effective XML structure in improving overall execution efficiency for insertions and searches?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Currently there are no comments in this discussion, be the first to comment!

Save Cancel