Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Veritas Exam VCS-279 Topic 6 Question 81 Discussion

Actual exam question for Veritas's VCS-279 exam
Question #: 81
Topic #: 6
[All VCS-279 Questions]

An administrator is attempting to protect 500TB of Windows file system data in a 4-hour backup window, when the file servers are idle. The daily change rate for the data is below 1%, and an Initial full backup has been performed to a high performance disk array configured as an Advanced Disk storage unit.

What can the administrator do to ensure subsequent backups complete within the backup window?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Danica
11 days ago
Ooh, multiplexing! I like that idea. It could help maximize the throughput during the backup window. Although, option A, NetBackup Accelerator, also sounds promising. That could really give us a boost in performance.
upvoted 0 times
Jesusita
13 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about client-side deduplication. Wouldn't that put a lot of strain on the file servers? Maybe option B, multiplexing, could be a better choice. That could help speed up the backup process.
upvoted 0 times
Pamella
14 days ago
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Client-side deduplication sounds like a solid option, especially with that low change rate. It could really help optimize the backup process.
upvoted 0 times
Erick
15 days ago
Hold up, what about option C - client-side deduplication? That could also help by reducing the amount of data that needs to be backed up, no?
upvoted 0 times
Rebecka
17 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. The daily change rate is below 1%, so that's a good start. I'm leaning towards option D - Synthetic backups. That could help reduce the backup load, right?
upvoted 0 times
Thurman
19 days ago
Wow, a 500TB Windows file system backup in a 4-hour window? That's a tall order. I'm curious to see what the best approach is here.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel