Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Splunk Exam SPLK-1002 Topic 10 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for Splunk's SPLK-1002 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 10
[All SPLK-1002 Questions]

A user wants to create a workflow action that will retrieve a specific field value from an event and run a search in a new browser window

in the user's Splunk instance. What kind of workflow action should they create?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

A Search workflow action is the appropriate choice when a user wants to retrieve a specific field value from an event and run a search in a new browser window within their Splunk instance (Option B). This type of workflow action allows users to define a search that utilizes field values from selected events as parameters, enabling more detailed investigation or context-specific analysis based on the original search results.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Nobuko
17 days ago
You know, I was about to pick 'Run' workflow action, but I think 'Search' makes more sense. The user is essentially executing a new search, even if it's triggered by a field value from an existing event.
upvoted 0 times
Angella
19 days ago
Haha, I bet the exam writers threw in those 'POST' and 'GET' options to trip people up. Nice try, but I'm sticking with 'Search' workflow action. Seems the most straightforward answer to me.
upvoted 0 times
Dierdre
20 days ago
I'm a little confused by the options. Why would it be a 'POST' or 'GET' workflow action? Isn't this just about running a new search in a separate window? I'm leaning towards 'Search' as well.
upvoted 0 times
Erick
21 days ago
I'm going with option B, 'Search' workflow action. The question clearly states the user wants to 'run a search in a new browser window', so that points to a 'Search' action in my opinion.
upvoted 0 times
Van
23 days ago
I think it's a 'Search' workflow action. The user is essentially performing a new search based on a field value from an existing event, so that seems to fit the description.
upvoted 0 times
Glenn
25 days ago
This is a tricky one. The user wants to retrieve a field value from an event and then run a new search in a separate browser window. I'm not sure if that counts as a 'Run' or 'Search' workflow action. Hmm, tough call.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel