Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-471 Topic 1 Question 82 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-471 exam
Question #: 82
Topic #: 1
[All SC0-471 Questions]

When using DH, what keys will Bob use to send an encrypted message to Alice?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Kerry
8 days ago
Wow, you're all way off the mark. This is Diffie-Hellman we're talking about, not RSA. Bob and Alice are going to use a shared secret key, not individual public or private keys. The answer is C, the session key.
upvoted 0 times
Wilda
10 days ago
You guys are all wrong. Clearly, the answer is E, Bob's private key. I mean, he's the one sending the message, right? He's got to use his own private key to encrypt it.
upvoted 0 times
Ruthann
11 days ago
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get too crazy here. Bob's not using his own keys at all in this scenario. He's using Alice's keys to encrypt the message. So it's gotta be option A, Alice's public key.
upvoted 0 times
Daren
12 days ago
Hold up, you two. I think you're both missing something here. Doesn't DH use a session key to encrypt the message? I'm pretty sure the answer is C, the session key.
upvoted 0 times
Shalon
14 days ago
Nah, man, I think you're off the mark there. If Bob's sending an encrypted message to Alice, he's going to use Alice's public key. That's the whole point of public-key cryptography, right? Option A is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Valentine
16 days ago
Ah, the good old DH question! This one always gets me excited, like a kid in a candy store. Let's see, which key will Bob use... Hmm, I'm going to go with option D, Bob's public key. Gotta keep that private key safe, you know!
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel