Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAS Exam A00-260 Topic 6 Question 61 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAS's A00-260 exam
Question #: 61
Topic #: 6
[All A00-260 Questions]

Within SAS Data Integration Studio, automatic mappings are disabled for a job. A transformation has defined source columns and defined target columns. One of the source columns, named COLI, is character with a length of 50. One of the target columns, named COLI, is also character but of length 25. What will happen if the COLI columns are mapped?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Karina
11 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think option C might be the right answer. An expression with the LENGTH function could be a way to handle the length difference and ensure the data is properly mapped.
upvoted 0 times
Cristy
13 days ago
Haha, I bet the exam writers are just trying to trip us up with this one. They probably want to see if we know the nitty-gritty details of SAS Data Integration Studio's mapping behavior.
upvoted 0 times
Cecil
14 days ago
Option B seems too strict. I doubt SAS would completely disable the mapping just because the column lengths don't match. There's probably some mechanism to handle that scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Nan
15 days ago
I'm leaning towards option D. It makes sense that the columns would be mapped, but a warning would occur since the lengths are different. That way, the user would be aware of the potential data truncation.
upvoted 0 times
Royal
17 days ago
Hmm, this is a good one. I think the key is understanding how SAS Data Integration Studio handles automatic mappings when there are differences in column lengths. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
upvoted 0 times
Stanford
18 days ago
I'm not too confident about this one. The question seems a bit tricky, and I'm not sure if I fully understand the implications of the different column lengths.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel