Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAS Exam A00-240 Topic 1 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAS's A00-240 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 1
[All A00-240 Questions]

What is a benefit to performing data cleansing (imputation, transformations, etc.) on data after partitioning the data for honest assessment as opposed to performing the data cleansing prior to partitioning the data?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Valentin
10 days ago
Exactly! I mean, who cares if it takes a few extra minutes to run the analysis, as long as we're getting reliable results, right? I'd rather spend the time and do it right than rush through it and end up with a flawed model.
upvoted 0 times
Thaddeus
12 days ago
Haha, yeah, as long as you're not using a Commodore 64 to run your analysis, the computational time shouldn't be a problem. I'm with you, the honest assessment is way more important.
upvoted 0 times
Nell
13 days ago
That's true, but I think the benefits of getting a more accurate assessment outweigh the computational cost. Plus, modern computers are pretty powerful these days. I'm not too worried about the time it takes.
upvoted 0 times
Jamie
14 days ago
I agree, but I'm also concerned about the computational expense. Wouldn't it be more efficient to do the cleansing before partitioning? That way, we don't have to do it multiple times for the training and test sets.
upvoted 0 times
Staci
16 days ago
Yeah, that's a good point. Doing it after partitioning also allows us to see how effective the cleansing methods are. That way, we can make a more informed decision on which techniques to use in the future.
upvoted 0 times
Wilda
18 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I think performing data cleansing after partitioning the data allows us to get a more honest assessment of the model's performance. If we do it beforehand, the cleansing methods might give the model an unfair advantage on the test set.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel