Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Qlik Exam QSDA2021 Topic 3 Question 25 Discussion

Actual exam question for Qlik's QSDA2021 exam
Question #: 25
Topic #: 3
[All QSDA2021 Questions]

A data architect needs to efficiently prepare a data model for a meeting in an hour.

The data source to be used contains five date fields The app needs to display sales trends and compare the current year to date (CYTD) to last year to date (LYTD) The app is NOT going to be published It will only be used for this meeting and a single user's ad-hoc analysis.

What should the data architect do to meet these requirements?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Valentine
6 days ago
Exactly! That's why I think creating a canonical calendar is the way to go. It will give the data architect the ability to easily aggregate and compare the data across the different date fields, which is crucial for the sales trend analysis.
upvoted 0 times
Herminia
8 days ago
Well, I'm not sure a calendar island is the best solution here. The requirement is to display sales trends and compare the current year to date (CYTD) to last year to date (LYTD), and a calendar island might not provide the necessary flexibility to do that.
upvoted 0 times
Sage
9 days ago
I think Kristeen has a point. Loading a calendar island might be a quicker and more straightforward solution, especially since the app won't be published. But I'm curious to hear what the others think.
upvoted 0 times
Kristeen
10 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. Creating a canonical calendar seems like overkill for a one-time meeting and a single user's analysis. Why not just load a calendar island? It's a simpler solution and should still meet the requirements.
upvoted 0 times
Justine
12 days ago
I agree with Emerson. Creating a canonical calendar seems like the most efficient solution here. It will allow the data architect to quickly aggregate and analyze the data from the five date fields, and since the app won't be published, they don't need to worry about maintaining separate calendars for each date field.
upvoted 0 times
Emerson
14 days ago
I think this question is pretty straightforward. The main requirement here is to efficiently prepare a data model for a meeting in an hour, and the app will only be used for this meeting and a single user's ad-hoc analysis. Given these constraints, I believe the best option is to create a canonical calendar.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel